Admin Asst (Nursing) / Full time - 40 hrs. per week / 8:00am-4:30pm Mon.-Fri.Interested? Apply Today!
STARTING WAGE IS: $16.65/hr. - we also pay for experience!
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES :
The Nursing Administrative Assistant is responsible for all aspects of Crown Center medical supplies (25%) (i.e. ordering, stocking, tracking, billing, and inventory). This person will also provide administrative support to nursing leadership (25%) and is responsible for the functions and daily nursing and assisted living staff schedules (50%).
1. Maintain adequate central supply inventory necessary for care and treatment of Crown Center residents while adhering to the Crown Center expense budget (Medical supplies and durable goods).
2. Generate monthly bills for accounting department and ensure correct payor source.
3. Update chemical label tracking for medical supplies. Update MSDS sheets as necessary.
4. Provide orientation and continuing education to Crown Center staff about the barcodes for all of the supplies.
5. Compile weekly medical supply orders through Internet to take advantage of McKesson discount. Print order and compose purchase order.
6. Track monthly Medicare Part B orders and complete documentation of established residents and new residents and have Part A certs signed.
7. Meet with McKesson rep. Monthly to establish any new pricing, special orders, etc.
8. Review weekly wound report to establish new supply list for dressings.
9. Order uniforms for all STNA’s in Crown Center and Assisted Living as they need them.
10. Will serve as the backup for all scheduling tasks, including master monthly schedule, receipt of daily call-offs and make replacements. Will maintain necessary staffing on each Nursing Unit through appropriate replacement, to include PRN staff.
11. Provide updates of Nursing Policy & Procedure manuals as instructed by nursing leadership.
12. Provide administrative support for the Director of Clinical Services and any other nursing leadership staff member.
13. Assist with on-going nursing recruitment tracking all open positions, completing all documentation required for new hires and terminated employeees.
14. Assist with employee compliance and tracking with TB, CPR, First Aid, and nursing education hours.
15. Maintain nursing employee files and keeps system to ensure timeliness of evaluations, attendance tracking, and issues attendance disciplinary actions when warranted to provide to nursing leadership for review.
16. Oversee and add new employees to Point Click Care (PCC) and make their scan badge.
- Performs other related duties as needed.
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
CONTINUING EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT / WORKING CONDITIONS:
Clerical/Secretary – Physical Demands
Occasional – 1 to 33% of workday
Frequent – 34 – 66% of workday
Constant – 67 – 100% of workday
Not at all – 0% of workday
Walking: 2.3 mph, 0 incline; unilateral vertical reach 36-72”; bilateral carry 30’, 25#; push/pull 100’, 19ft.lbs.; lift 0-25# 6-36” from floor; lift 0-25# 36-48” from floor; lift 0-25# 6-72” from floor, climbing stairs; operating machines: (2 foot/feet).
Sitting, unilateral horizontal reach 0-18”, bilateral fine motor manipulation functional near, far, color vision aided or unaided; functional hearing aid or unaided; functional verbal communication skills; operating machines: (2 hand(s)).
Not at All
Hold 200# patient sidelying while doing procedure x 2 min; roll 200# patient away/toward self; transfer 105# person chair-chair 5x/hr. with gait belt; bed-cart transfer with 200# person and assist of one with sheet; more 200# person up in bed with assist of one and sheet; climbing ladders, working from heights, crawling, kneeling, running, operating machines; keyboarding & CRT usage.
Category III Job Classification – Laurel Lake employee jobs that include all other employees not covered under Category I & II jobs whose tasks do not involve exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues or used sharps.
Job Hazard Risks:
Infectious Disease Exposure
Hazard Materials Exposure (Nuclear, Biological, Chemical)
Workplace Violence Potential
This job description identifies the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not to be considered an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties or skills required of an incumbent.Interested? Apply Today!