Clinical Care Coordinator (LPN) - Assisted Living, Full time/ 40 hrs. per week / ExemptInterested? Apply Today!
CLINICAL CARE COORDINATOR (LPN) - $2500.00 Sign on Bonus (FT)
(*Sign on Bonus Eligibility is based on your status at time of hire. Status must be that of full time, working at least 30 or more hours per week for the $2500.00 bonus and anyone hiring in part time, working less than 30 hours per week would be eligible for the $1000.00 bonus. All sign-on bonuses are prorated and paid over 5 quarters.)
This position is Full Time/40 hrs. per week/Exempt
3 days/week will be Coordinator tasks
2 days/week will be working the floor
Schedule TBD - hours may vary; Benefit Eligible
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: Supervise and coordinate the health care of all Assisted Living residents in conjunction with primary and clinic physicians. Maintain confidential medical records for staff and residents. The Clinical Care Coordinator will demonstrate behavior consistent with the Laurel Lake mission statement and core values.
Graduate of Licensed Practical School of Nursing
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION AND REGISTRATION:
LPN graduate with current Ohio licensure
- CPR/First Aid certification
- Work Orientation and Experience:
- 2 years of long term care and preferred leadership experience in a healthcare industry
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Excellent communication and assessment skills.
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible.
- Ability to interact with residents, families, physicians.
- Demonstrated patience with the senior population
- Computer, copier, fax, Nextel, telephone, medical equipment
PRINCIPAL JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Supervision and performance of assisted living clinical operations.
- Complete assessments as required for POC and transitions.
- Present information to Care Plan Team and Resident Review Team for recommendations
- Attend meetings of POC weekly, Incident Report Review and leadership meeting.
- Review all new admission charts for required documentation. (Nurse Assessment, DNR, TB,
- H&P, Self-Administration of Meds, MMSE).
- Will be on the floor 2x/week (or as needed to cover c/o, etc.) in the LPN Charge Nurse role.
- Review all charts and procedures regularly to ensure State Regulations are being met.
- Assess condition and facilitate transfer of residents requiring admission to nursing.
- Respond to emergencies for residents.
- Communicate with residents/family members regarding health care and level of care for Assisted Living residents.
- Facilitate referrals for home health care as needed.
- Provide clinical support to Nurses, STNA’s, and the Assisted Living Receptionist, when appropriate.
- Consult with the Director of Human Resources & Assisted Living with the processing of new applicants, disciplinary actions, evaluations, etc.
- Consult with both the Director of Human Resources & Assisted Living/Director of Clinical Services on establishing measureable goals.
- Consult with the Director of Human Resources & Assisted Living to maintain budgetary requirements.
- Member of the Laurel Lake assessment team and facilitates the transitions of potential residents to Assisted Living.
- Acts in coordination with the Director of Human Resources & Assisted Living for the overall marketing of the assisted living areas.
- Other duties, as assigned.
JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES – Other:
1. Performs other related duties as needed.
2. Unversal Precautions
3. HIPAA Compliance
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Non-Patient Care Staff (0-20 lbs.) – Physical Demands
Occasional – 1 to 33% of workday
Frequent – 34 – 66% of workday
Constant – 67 – 100% of workday
Not at all – 0% of workday
Sitting, Unilateral Vertical Reach 36-72”, lift 0-20#, 6-36” from floor; lift 0-20#, 36-48” from floor; climbing stairs; operating machines (2 hand(s)).
Unilateral Horizontal Reach 0-18”; push/pull 100’, 19ft.lbs.
Standing, walking: 2.3 mph, 0 incline; bilateral fine motor manipulation; functional near, far, color vision aided or unaided; functional hearing aid or unaided; functional verbal communication skills; working overtime as assigned to meet operational/patient care demands.
Not at All
Hold 200# patient sidelying while doing procedure x 2 min; roll 200# patient away/toward self; transfer 105# person chair-chair 5x/hr. with gait belt; bed-cart transfer with 200# person and assist of one with sheet; lift 0- ___# 6-36” from floor; lift 0- ___# 6-72” from floor; climbing ladders, working from heights, crawling, kneeling, running, operating machines: (2 foot/feet).
Category II Job Classification – Laurel Lake employees who have jobs with tasks that rarely involve exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues and have no contact with used sharps.
Job Hazard Risks:
Infectious Disease Exposure
Hazard Materials Exposure (Nuclear, Biological, Chemical)
Workplace Violence Potential
This job description identifies the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not to be considered an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties or skills required of an incumbent.
Interested? Apply Today!