Social Worker (LSW or Social Service Designee) / Semi full time, 32 hrs. per week / ExemptInterested? Apply Today!
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Completes social service assessments, social service history on each new admission, and any other scheduled documentation within the MDS and plan of care team
- Coordinates discharge plans with resident and/or family members.
- Act as liaison between facility, residents, their family, the staff, and community resources, when necessary, in order to provide continuity of care.
- Communicates internally when there are planned or unplanned discharges from the Crown Center
- Coordinates ancillary provider visits for residents in the Crown Center such as the eye doctor, etc.
- Coordinates resident room changes within the Crown Center
- Provide emotional support/information to help resident/family during adjustment period to Crown Center.
- Working knowledge of MDS, provide social service documentation including writing individual care plans, RAPS, and notes, as needed.
- Respond to telephone requests for information, meet and tour families and perspective residents to promote the Crown Center when the Admissions/Marketing representative is not on campus.
- Attend scheduled meetings and join pertinent facility committees, such as the Resident Review and Admissions Committee meetings
- Assists with meeting with residents and/or family members from all levels of care when needed
- Responds to new admission referrals and completes admission paperwork with new admissions into the Crown Center when the Admissions/Marketing Representative is not on campus
Bachelors’ Degree in Social Work; Licensed Social Worker in the State of Ohio
3-5 years long-term care or medical social work experience.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Must know the MDS; critical thinker; self initiating; crisis intervention skills; strong communication skills; excellent computer skills.
PRINCIPAL JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Discharge planning, MDS data gathering and input, resident care plans, family meetings, room moves, backup to admissions/marketing
JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES – Other:
- Performs other related duties as needed.
- Must be able to push a wheelchair and transport residents.
- Must be able to push cart and move resident belongings
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
CONTINUING EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- 30 hours of Continuing Education CEUs as mandated by the State of Ohio Social Work and Counselor Board every two years.
- Mandatory in-services as specified and required by Laurel Lake Retirement Community.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Non-Patient Care Staff (0-20 lbs.) – Physical Demands
Occasional – 1 to 33% of workday
Frequent – 34 – 66% of workday
Constant – 67 – 100% of workday
Not at all – 0% of workday
Sitting, Unilateral Vertical Reach 36-72”, lift 0-20#, 6-36” from floor; lift 0-20#, 36-48” from floor; climbing stairs; operating machines (2 hand(s)).
Unilateral Horizontal Reach 0-18”; push/pull 100’, 19ft.lbs.
Standing, walking: 2.3 mph, 0 incline; bilateral fine motor manipulation; functional near, far, color vision aided or unaided; functional hearing aid or unaided; functional verbal communication skills; working overtime as assigned to meet operational/patient care demands.
Not at All
Hold 200# patient sidelying while doing procedure x 2 min; roll 200# patient away/toward self; transfer 105# person chair-chair 5x/hr. with gait belt; bed-cart transfer with 200# person and assist of one with sheet; lift 0- ___# 6-36” from floor; lift 0- ___# 6-72” from floor; climbing ladders, working from heights, crawling, kneeling, running, operating machines: (2 foot/feet).
Category II Job Classification – Laurel Lake employees who have jobs with tasks that rarely involve exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues and have no contact with used sharps.
Job Hazard Risks:
Infectious Disease Exposure
Hazard Materials Exposure (Nuclear, Biological, Chemical)
Workplace Violence Potential
This job description identifies the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not to be considered an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties or skills required of an incumbent.Interested? Apply Today!